Thursday, January 2, 2014

D7000 Arrives, Hiking Days Ahead

Storm over Ala Moana Boulevard.
Tokina 11-16mm AT-X Pro. 11mm @ f/5.6, 1/8 sec, ISO 6400.
Nikon D7000. LR5 post.

Today ended with an abrupt thunderstorm in Waikīkī that ceased as quickly as it began.  For the ten or so minutes it came down, it was pretty intense, with "rain flying in sideways" à la Forrest Gump.  Rain flew up onto the lens, causing a little blur.

I received the Nikon D7000 I won on eBay today, along with the Tokina 11–16mm AT-X Pro ultra-wide angle lens I ordered.  Right off the bat, I was impressed with how heavy both these pieces of equipment are, and I felt I have a lot to learn.

How exciting.  I get to read a manual.

It's the first time I've felt excited about photography in a long time.

Went out to Gyukaku with friends, a triple couple date.  It was a lot of fun, and much sake was enjoyed.

It's nice to be around other people.  Happy people.

It makes me feel happy.

The next few days should present many photo opportunities.  A hike up the Makapu‘u Lighthouse Trail, then a dinner party to top off the evening.  Saturday will be a hike up the Kuliouou Ridge Trail.

Hopefully my legs will not give out.

Or my arms from supporting the massive weight of the D7000.

No comments:

Post a Comment