Friday, January 17, 2014

Default

Omega


Yes, it's a picture of a cat. My default when venturing anywhere more interesting for the POTD isn't possible.

I did not go anywhere or do anything of interest today, so instead, I practiced portraiture with my ever-willing and photogenic subject, Omega. The light really captured his brown tones nicely. Most of the time, his dark chestnut brown fur just appears almost black. The lighting is a halogen work light diffused with a hanging white sheet. A wrinkled one, clearly.

Who has time to iron sheets?

I'm still getting used to the D7000, which I've noticed has a slight tendency to sometimes underexpose photos, especially from how they appear on the on-camera LCD, and particularly with indoor lighting. I'm experimenting with some specific features to see how this can be adjusted.

Tomorrow will bring tennis in the evening. Now to finish this epigenetics paper...

No comments:

Post a Comment