Thursday, January 2, 2014

Number One

Omega Eyes. Nikkor 50mm 1.8D @ f/13, 1/30 sec, ISO 400, D40x.

Today is the first day of this Photo 365.  January 1, 2014.  It's Omega, being generally cute. 

I've been wanting to do these two things for quite some time: (re)start a blog, and do a daily photo for a year.

What better time than now?

Knowing myself, I have to make some commitments to myself about this blog, to get the most satisfaction from it.

(1) Within reason, don't hold back.  The point is to say what you want to say, not what you think you should say.

(2) Do not ruminate on your words.  Get them down, get them out, get over them.  It's a new motto!

(3) Do not be afraid to share.  It is true that the most damaging force in life is fear.  Just fear. It matters not the source of the fear.

(4) There is absolutely no reason to be self-critical.  This is an important one, as my tendency to be self-critical is so pervasive, that even the thought of not being self-critical causes me to cringe.  Obviously, I need to work on this.

I think if I can hold myself to these four things, that I can make this a pretty enjoyable experience for myself, and maybe whoever is bored enough to read these things.

Crap, that was self-critical already, wasn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment