Wednesday, January 8, 2014

One for the 7th, One for the 8th

Peace
Jan 7, 2014 - 50mm @ f/1.8, 1/6, ISO 400
Oh no, I didn't post a picture yesterday! The whole system is breaking down!

I don't think so.

This picture was taken yesterday while playing with laser lights. (I still TOOK a picture, I just fell asleep before I could post it.)

Yesterday was a very lazy day of slumber interrupted by watching a 6:25pm showing American Hustle

(For those Hawai‘i dwellers: Did you know Regal Dole Cannery does super cheap tickets on Tuesdays? A regular movie is only $6.00 and an IMAX showing is like $12.50 or something. Totally awesome!)

An overall good movie, it was a bit slower paced than expected, but solid performances from all the lead actors. 

Its slow pace contributed to my falling asleep abruptly upon returning home. For shame, for shame.

Bougainvillea
Jan 8, 2014 - 11mm @ f/10, 1/10, ISO 100
This is a bougainvillea plant in front of my condo.

Today I received a set of extension tubes I ordered on Amazon, so I'm excited to play with those.

I think I might have to buy a bouquet of flowers just to experiment with the extension tubes.

I think my next photography purchase will have to be some type of studio lighting setup. I want to turn our enclosed lanai into a little art studio for myself. Move my piano out there, store all my camera equipment, and setup a tiny photo studio in one corner for practicing with strobist lighting.

2014 is the year of remodeling this apartment, after all.

Let's make that studio happen this month. Currently the lanai is a storage space for random items like boxes. 

Totally making this happen. Yes...

No comments:

Post a Comment