Saturday, January 4, 2014

Makapu‘u Lighthouse Trail


Unknown Structure off the Trail. 11mm @ f/7.1, 1/200 sec, ISO 200. Nikon D7000 & Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8.
Today was a good day spent with good friends, good views, and good food. Went up the Makapu‘u Lighthouse Trail in the morning under beautiful scattered clouds and with pleasant breezes. Perfect conditions for what would otherwise be a grueling, scorching, hot mess. See more of the trail here.

The evening ended with a lovely dinner party, with delicious beef stew, red wine, a clown-decorated ice cream cake, and of course, excellent company.

Tomorrow will be spent in an all day hike on the Kuliouou Ridge Trail, one I've been on before many years ago, when I was in a much better state of physical fitness. We'll see how I fare on the many switchbacks ascending the 2,000 foot climb.

At least I'll be able to take a few camera shooting breaks here and there.

I've really been enjoying the captures this Tokina 11–16mm f/2.8 has been getting, but I am tempted to take my trusty Nikkor 35mm 1.8G for tomorrow's adventures. I don't want to carry anything that I won't use, but I feel that I might want some of those ultra-wide views up at the top.

Decisions, decisions.


No comments:

Post a Comment