Sunday, January 12, 2014

Free

Looking
35mm @ f/1.8, 1/500, ISO 400. LR5 Post, desaturation.

I feel I am constantly running one day behind, trying to catch back up. Perhaps if I was not such a "night owl," I would actually post my Photo of the Day on the day it belongs to.

No judgments!

Today was spent in the company of lovely friends, both at home and out on the Makiki Valley Loop Trail(s), where the above picture was captured. I love the light falling through the canopy of the forest in the background, with the last, undamaged bloom fighting for its view.

The evening was spent catching up with an old friend, making roast beef, talking about life, and just enjoying life for what it is.

I may have been having a slight bit too much fun with my photos, though in some respects, that does indicate a successful attempt at enjoying life.

Tomorr—er, later today, I must review and finalize some important school work.

Even over the break, the student's duty never ceases.

After this little bout of schoolwork hanging around, I'll be 100% freed to enjoy the rest of my break without anything hanging over my head, as it were.

That's about as much as one can wish for these days: not have anything hanging over one's head.

Light. Free. 

Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment